Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

Red Ombre Lips

So we are getting well into spring now, thus I am trying to embrace everything spring,including the ombre trend. Now this usually follows in the form of a hair dip dye, some of those dip dyes being less desirable than others, but there are definitely other ways to incorporate some ombre into your life this Spring. I am a huge fan of a red lip anyway, and I think Ombre lips give a really nice illusion of bigger lips, with light being focused on the centre (even if my mum thought I had been biting a biro- I think two colours on your lips is too confusing a concept for her).



I started by lining right round my lip with Cherry lip liner from MAC,starting from the outer corners and filling it from the outside. I then used my MAC Riri Woo lipstick on my lips except in the centre where I put a small amount of So Chaud (also MAC). I then took Urban Decay 24/7 lipliner in Venom and starting from the outer corners shaded in my lip about a 1/4 of the way in each side. You can then take Nightmoth lip pencil from Mac for extra definition just in the very corner. I finished my putting my Maybelline colour Sensational Shine Gloss in Electric Orange just in the centre to catch more light-like you would do with a highlighter. And now im ready to brace the Spring weather,though knowing England it will just be a continuation of rain from Winter, but one can hope.

Frankie xXx

2 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of red lips also! I wear them year round. I love ombre lips...I wouldn't wear them on a day to day basis, only for a photo shoot etc. But I love what you have done here and I would so wear this as it a bit more of a werable ombre lip.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! You've got some great lips!

    ReplyDelete